Monday, May 24, 2010

An inspiring success story


Thursday I was presented with a middle aged poodle breed dog with a history of weight loss and a very poor appetite.  Previously I had run an energetic evaluation and found nothing pathological as to the cause of the weight loss.  The physical exam was unremarkable except that the dog was extremely thin and emaciated, poor mucous color with pale yellow membranes around eyes.  The owner reported a beginning loss of bladder control.  I began to wand the dog as I explained to the owner that I believed the dog was shutting down in preparation of death and all I hoped to accomplish was a more tranquil passing.  After wanding for approximately 5 minutes , I then attached 2 rappers from the AmgeneX product to the dog collar with tape.  No medication was given and I asked the owners to call if any significant changes occurred.  They called on Sunday and reported a huge significant change.  The dog was up, acting playful and his usual self, and eating and drinking on his own.  The owners were astonished as well as I!
Lloyd Emond, DVM

No comments:

Post a Comment